The Fellowship of Christian Optometrists, International, Inc., founded in 1986, is a not-for-profit evangelical organization of Christian optometrists, optometry students, and allied ophthalmic personnel committed to world wide eye care missions and intraprofessional Christian fellowship.
The Purposes of FCO International, Inc.
- To help optometrists and allied ophthalmic personnel become established in the type of mission work which combines eye care and the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, both in the workplace and on mission fields around the world.
- To promote, further, and maintain fellowship among optometrists and others in the ophthalmic professions who believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as recorded in Scriptures.
- To provide optometric and ophthalmic services for poor and needy persons in both the United States and foreign countries, on a charitable basis and not for pecuniary profit.
- To establish, maintain and operate educational training programs and clinics in optometry and allied ophthalmic fields for students of optometry and allied ophthalmic fields and who are members of or affiliated with FCO, International.
- To assist in the furtherance of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Acknowledgement of Jesus Christ as one’s personal Saviour and Lord.
- Written acceptance of FCO’s Statement of Beliefs and Statement of Purposes as described in the FCO, International Bylaws.
- Conduct consistent with Biblical standards.
- Maintenance of professional competency, good academic standing, and personal and professional integrity.